Business Administration Apprentice
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Business Administration Apprentice to come and work primarily in our friendly Purchasing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to come in and develop skills in general business administration while gaining a fully-funded Level 2 qualification through Cambridge Regional College. You will earn a competitive salary while learning valuable work skills which will support you in your long-term career goals.
For the right candidate this role can evolve and take on further responsibilities and become permanent. The role will be in our Purchasing Team, with scope to support other departments (Marketing, HR, PA) and therefore gain a broader understanding of the business.
The training will be delivered at work – the Apprentice will be mentored by one of our Senior Buyers in the Purchasing team. This will give them exposure to: general admin tasks, supply ordering (stationary etc.), indirect ordering.
The HR team will oversee the training and ensure that the Apprentice also gains experience in other departments:
- Marketing for: exploring social media, processing information about customers
- Executive Assistant for: managing diary systems, produce minutes of meetings, visitor hospitality, booking travel/accommodation
- HR for: any other admin tasks that are relevant
Initial responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and order office supplies, including toners for printers;
- Check and fill kitchen supplies, including coffee machines;
- Indirect ordering – allocating numbers and raising orders for external suppliers;
- Support with managing cleaning suppliers;
- Attend meetings when required to take meeting notes, type up and distribute;
- Ordering lunch/refreshments for external meetings;
- Help ensure reception and meeting rooms are kept tidy;
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing post;
- Undertake typing and other Admin work for the Management Team;
- Any other reasonable tasks appropriate to the level and scope of the role.
- Very well organised;
- Thorough and conscientious with excellent attention to detail;
- Quick learner with an appetite to progress;
- Good communication skills;
- Understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality;
- Good telephone manner;
- IT Literate.
- GCSE Grade A*-C/9-4 including Maths and English.
- On completion of the Apprenticeship there will be scope for the candidate, if successful, to take on a permanent role and continue to develop.
Based near Cambridge, UK, TTP Labtech is a global supplier of innovative products for accelerating drug development, combining the best science with first-rate engineering. We design and manufacture a wide range of low volume liquid handling equipment, sample management systems and fluorescence detection instruments addressing high growth markets in genomics, structural biology and drug discovery. TTP Labtech enjoys an enviable reputation for innovation, reliability and quality and is executing a bold strategy to deliver growth organically and through acquisition.
We offer a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package including: Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, generous Pension Plan, Profit Share and relocation packages as well as great facilities and discounted local swimming, squash and gym memberships; there are also social running and football teams to participate in.
Before applying, please take the time to read our recruitment privacy notice which can be found here https://www.ttplabtech.com/privacy