IT Support Engineer
TTP Labtech designs and manufactures robust, reliable and easy-to-use solutions for life science. We enable life scientists through collaboration, deep application knowledge and leading engineering to accelerate research and make a difference together. We offer a portfolio of products within sample management, liquid handling and multiplexed detection that minimise assay volumes, reduce material handling costs and put the discovery tools back in the hands of the scientist. We are looking for a Support Engineer to join our team. This role will report to the IT Manager.
About the IT Department
IT is at the heart of all Labtech’s business activities. This newly formed department will be central to supporting the global growth of the company. Systems will support all business activities, from the R&D in the Labs to software engineering platforms through to back-office finance and fulfilment systems. High availability, system integrity and excellent service is at the heart of all the IT department’s activities.
- Minimum of five years’ experience supporting complex IT environments.
- Proven desktop support skills across PCs, laptops, servers, productivity applications and security tools.
- Works to the highest standards delivering excellent service to a global workforce.
- Technically expert in desktop builds, security patching, wireless and mobile devices.
- Manage, develop and maintain the IT helpdesk.
- Contribute to IT strategy by acting as the subject-matter-expert on desktop management.
- Troubleshoot all IT issues, provide fault resolution where possible, escalating when necessary.
- Ensure SLAs are met and helpdesk processes are documented.
Your Skills & Experience
You will be an expert in:
- Windows 10 desktop builds
- Office 365 & 2016 installation and support
- Delivering high standards of helpdesk support to highly technical and demanding users
- Troubleshooting, communicating patiently and effective prioritisation
You will have working technical knowledge of:
- Security products, including AV, firewalls and update servers
- Exchange, Server and Active Directory
- Backup routines (ideally Veeam)
- MS SQL
You will have had exposure to:
- ERP systems (ideally SyteLine)
- Ecommerce platforms
- CRM (ideally Salesforce)
We are based on the Melbourn Science Park, a lovely village location that is still only a short commute from Cambridge, Royston and the surrounding areas. We offer a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package including Private Medical Insurance & a generous Pension Plan.