Field Applications Scientist - Europe
We have an exciting opportunity for a Field Application Scientist to join our team, to be based in Germany. You will be the key interface between the EU sales team, Marketing and end-users and will provide expert-level support for our liquid handling suite of products.
We are a global supplier of innovative products for advancing life sciences and accelerating drug development, combining the best science with first-rate engineering. We design and manufacture a wide range of low volume liquid handling equipment and sample management systems addressing high growth markets in genomics, structural biology and drug discovery.
About the role:
In this specialist capacity, you will be responsible for running on-site instrument demos of our mosquito and dragonfly product lines, the dissemination of technical product knowledge, product applications and techniques, identifying pertinent competitive product information to our product management team and end-users. This role also requires excellent relationship building skills with both our internal commercial team and our EU customer base.
The role will require significant travel over all of Europe, though occasional travel to the US and Asia may also be required. Our ideal candidate will be based near a convenient travel hub in Germany.
- Manage and run product demonstrations;
- Conduct pre-sales technical presentations and seminars;
- Maintain an expert-level knowledge of our product lines;
- Install instruments and train new users;
- Nurture strategic collaborations to regularly deliver scientific content for marketing;
- Collate customer feedback (product development, software, etc);
- Contribute to conference strategy;
- Maintain positive customer relationships.
- Preferably a PhD in a Biological Science discipline, or equivalent;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in HTS or Assay Development or molecular biology laboratories with a particular focus to liquid handling aspects;
- Previous experience in a field-based applications / customer facing role;
- Good understanding of genomics and drug discovery, practical experience of genomics/molecular biology is desirable;
- Ability to work independently and manage own work-load;
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively within Europe (up to 75%);
- Good interpersonal, customer-facing skills;
- Fluent in German and English.
We offer a competitive salary, generous Pension Plan, car allowance, commission scheme, as well as extensive training at our headquarters in Cambridge, UK.
Before applying, please take the time to read our recruitment privacy notice which can be found here https://www.ttplabtech.com/privacy